Fernwood NZ Soft Tree Fern Panels have unique and natural properties that:
- Are fibrous and strong.
- Can last many years before the need to replace them.
- Are light weight when dried.
- Have a natural look and colour (when wet, the panels become much darker).
- Are soft and porous for plant roots to easily grow onto the fibre as a support.
- Can hold moisture for long periods of time but maintain good aeration within the fibre wall.
The product’s natural capillary action works well in drip wall applications. Irrigation from the top means water flows down through the panels steadily without the panels becoming waterlogged.
Fernwood NZ Tree Fern Tropical Background Panels come in various sizes to suit your application.
WHERE TO USE TREE FERN PANELS:
Reptiles & Terraria/Terrariums
Terrariums are stunning environments for growing tropical indoor plants. If you add pets, such as frogs, lizards and tropical invertebrates, you’ll have a vivarium. To do that successfully, it’s important to match the habitat as close as you can with the animal’s natural surroundings.
From a starter kit to a professional set-up, the background and lining of your terrarium or vivarium will be key to its success. Our NZ tree fern tropical background is ideal for your live plants, orchids and epiphytes to give your animals an environment that mimics their habitat.
Fernwood Soft Tree Fern Panels are an ecologically friendly, non-toxic background panel made from New Zealand Tree Fern. These natural panels, also known as Xaxim tree fern panels, are excellent for use in your terrarium, vivarium and green walls. They will support epiphytes, climbing plants, vines and mosses